Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 days of art -day 2

Today's art endeavor started out a little slow. I wanted to make an art journal page but wasn't sure what to do. So I got some acrylic paint and started a background. 


I really just used my hands and some other paper to smear the color around. It was kind of like finger painting, which was rather enjoyable. Once I was happy with it, I got kind of stuck as to what next. So I put it aside, and started to draw whatever came to me. 
I ended up with this face.  She is cute and I think I'd like to used her on something else eventually.  She reminds me of a a flamenco girl or something.  I used Prismacolor pencils to color her in.

Not having been satisfied with the days dose of art, and not really feeling it that much, I decided to start a mandala.  Mandalas are a great! they get you focused in an inner guidance kind of way and they really get your creative juices going.  When ever I'm in doubt, I create a Mandala. 
I used all kinds of markers for the lines and colored in the white spaces with watercolor crayons.  Then I painted the background with what seems my favorite color lately, and then I did something I rarely do.  I wrote something! I usually don't do this unless is premeditated. Always knowing why I'm writing it in.  This time I didn't, I closed my eyes, I took a big breath, and wrote whatever came as I put the marker down.  It felt weird but in the end I'm quite happy with it.  As I strive to follow my inner guidance.  

That's it for me today
Much Love to All 

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of art!
    I drew a girly today. looks like you draw yourself too. I seem to keep drawing you. Can't help it when my girls have big eyes little noses and big lips. wait, maybe I'm drawing myself:) same difference. Those mandala colors are yummy. Check out the gifty I made for Bella's birthday. www.creatingsef.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete