Monday, September 5, 2011

30 Days of Art- Days 3, 4, and 5

I'm Back to computer world!
I have so much to show.  I mean, nothing is like a master piece, but I have been letting go of the notion that everything I do needs to be a master piece. How did that little super limiting idea trickily sneaked into my head? It completely stops me on my tracks! gotta get rid of that! anyway onto the showing.

Day 3: I wanted to enter Willowing.ning's ATC swap and it's theme is Heroes.  I went back and forth as to what I wanted to do and it pretty much took me sooo long to decide (I'm a Libra! little decisions like that sometimes turn into all day weighing of options).  Since I was invited to visit one of my neighbors that afternoon, all I had time for was  sketches of what I kind of wanted to say, made on my trusty sketch book and I actually made the drawings on the ATCs.  



Day 4: I finished the ATCs! I kind of like them and I hope who ever gets them in the end likes them too.  I used prismacolor pencils for the faces (i have tried other methods of coloring before and I find that I enjoy this technique the best).  The rest is a combination of Acrylics, watercolors, watercolor crayons and some great metallic gel pens I found in town.
Love and care for Mother Earth and you are a my hero

Choose Love over fear and you are my hero

Day 5: Today was learning and practicing to draw Manga bodies and faces day.  I was inspired to get my drawing skills some new info and training. I have always love the look of Manga cartoons though I have never really purchased them.  I love that the characters are always so pretty, even the males.  So, lucky for me, I found an American manga artist who shares his drawing knowledge for FREE of Youtube. His name is Mark Crilley and he is an amazing artist.  So the girls and I sat with our pencils and sketchbooks in hand and drew while watching the videos on the Iphone.  We had a blast and made some pretty girls.  I will be posting the pictures they made on the blog I have to display their artful creations.  But here is what I did today...




 Well, that is all for me today! I will probably be drawing more and coloring some of those faces up tomorrow.  Mila and Saskja are very inspired by this kind of drawing right now so I'm riding their inspiration coattails.

MUCH LOVE TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment